Working at South Metro Fire
Please click here for specific information on current openings.
Firefighter Applicants must meet these minimum qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid and current driver’s license.
- Current NREMT certification or MN EMT certification, with the ability to obtain NREMT certification within one year of hire date.
- Current MFSCB, IFSAC or ProBoard Accredited Firefighter II certification or DOD equivalent with the ability to obtain MFSCB Firefighter II certification within one year of hire date
- Current licensed Firefighter in the State of Minnesota or the ability to become a licensed Firefighter in the State of Minnesota within one year of hire date.
Desired firefighter qualifications include:
- Minimum of one year EMS experience with BLS/ALS transport service
- NFPA 1072 certification
- Current Paramedic certification
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking preferred
These qualifications are subject to change at any time, based on the needs of the department.
South Metro Fire does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. EOE/AA